North Branch Vlg Real Estate
In 1854 the earliest settling of North Branch was undertaken. The founding fathers were Mr. and Mrs. Richard Beach and Mr. and Mrs. George Simmons. The nucleus of the village was the post office, store and trading post founded by John and Richard Beach. The Village was incorporated in 1881, and at the time, the population was 900. The town of North Branch sits on the north branch of the Flint River which flows through the township and is the principal waterway. The main thoroughfare is Huron Street. Two major fires mark the history of North Branch. In 1871 and particularly in 1881, fires destroyed many parts of the town.